True and tested recipes that we wanna share with each other.



Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Jambalaya - LWB's Way


Jambalaya
Uploaded on LWB's Flickr.

Yeay, I did it. I cooked Chicken Jambalaya for dinner last night, in conjunction with Mardi Gras day ;) But because DH is a typical Melayu, I've to separate the rice, and jadi lah jambalaya ini versi nasi berlauk. Hehe.


Ingredients:
Minyak untuk memasak
450g boneless chicken, cut into cubes
450g smoked turkey sausage, cut about 1 inch thick (in this case, I guna chicken sausage je)
1 red onion - chopped
1 green capsicum - chopped
1 celery rib - chopped
1 medium tomato - chopped
2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
2 bay leaves (malas nak beli, I guna basil saja)
1 cup grain rice
1 mug of chicken broth


How-To:
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a deep skillet. Add chicken and sausage. Remove from skillet after 5 minutes of cooking.

Add onion, bell pepper and celery in the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Stir in tomato, Cajun seasoning and bay leaves. Let it sit for awhile.

Then add in the cooked chicken and sausage. Gaul sehingga sebati ye puan-puan. Add the rice and chicken broth, biar dia mendidih. Lepas tu cover periuk tu, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes - macam masak nasi putih la.

Ok for me, I tak campur the beras sekali dalam periuk. Instead, I masuk kan the broth saja and bring it to boil.

Selamat mencuba :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home